Admission & Record
- Manage student registrations and follow-up on their academic performance.
- Record the results of examinations and give out the certifications.
The Admission Office will be a leader of innovative approaches for student-centered learning and development, and the office will continually challenge professionally to develop programs and services to meet the changing needs of the diverse students.
The Admission Office contributes to fulfilling the educational mission of Salaam University and the Higher Education by guiding approach to student learning and developments. Admission staff should work collaboratively with faculties and other staff to provide enrolling and current students with diverse programs, services and activities designed to engage students with the learning environment. The admission strives to build a campus atmosphere in which all students can become involved in the University community, make them well informed about choices by understanding overall teaching style.
Admission process is aimed to:
- Focusing primarily on efforts intended to bring about high levels of student engagement in learning and personal developing activities.
- Using positive approaches to learning in order to link academic and co-curricular programs and experiences.
- Developing and implementing programs and services that help students achieve competencies to become collaborative, establish identities, develop communication and interpersonal skills, clarify purpose and make career choices in their lives and develop integrity.
- Offering high quality and customer centered services that support student recruitment, educational progress and persistence to graduation.
- Building partnerships with faculty, staff and community representatives in order to enhance the quality of programs and services for students.
- Assessing the learning, development and growth of students and utilizing assessment data to ensure continuous improvement and relevance to Student Affairs programs.
The admission requirements for the undergraduate degree programs at SU are as follow:
- Evidence of the successful completion of Secondary Certificate. And
- A passing grade of the Salaam University Entrance Exam.
If students transferred from another university, they should fulfill the following requirements:
- A copy of the transcript of your academic records (of each academic year),
- A document explaining the grading system of the university transferred from
Documents to be submitted to admissions:
- A copy of the applicant’s secondary school certificate.
- Six recent, white color passport photos.
- Receipt for a non-refundable application fee of $35 into the Salaam University account.
Admission for academic year 2018-2019
August 2018. Admission process for the academic year 2018-2019 is going smoothly at the SU registration office in Mogadishu.